Red Lady Papaya :
- No. of seeds per packet - 650 nos.
- No. of seeds required per acre - 900 nos
- Sapcing -Plant to Plant - 7 * 7 ft
- - Row to row -7 * 7 ft
- Nursery - 45 days
- Fruiting - approximately from 8th month from Transplanting.
- Average yield per plant - 100- 150 kgs
- Average weight per fruit - 1.5 - 2 Kgs
- Crop life period - 18 - 24 months
Early, vigorous, productive and tolerant to Papaya Ring Spot Virus. Plants begin to bear fruit at 60-80 cm height and have over 30 fruits per plant in each fruit-setting season. Fruits are short oblong on female plants, rather long-shaped on bisexual plants and weighing about 1.5-2 kg. Flesh is think, red, with 13% sugar content and aromatic. It has good shelf life & transportability.